Newbie from east Kent

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome... I've started this year and have learnt allot from here...
Agree with Beefriendly have 2 hives, It can get you out of allot of trouble if a hive is having issues. Also if you lose your only hive through winter it's costly to stargvagain even with a nuc

Welcome... I've started this year and have learnt allot from here...
Agree with Beefriendly have 2 hives, It can get you out of allot of trouble if a hive is having issues. Also if you lose your only hive through winter it's costly to stargvagain even with a nuc

Hi Simon

I am quickly learning lots through this forum, and also through my association. I've realised that not all associations appear to be as supportive of beginners as mine is. For the first year, they will loan you a National hive for free. They also assign you to a Mentor who will supply you a Nuc of local Bees to get you started for £40. I think that's pretty amazing support to be honest.

As I said on another thread, I have a promising lead on a location and I'm meeting the landowner next week. So it's all looking positive! Can't wait to get started.

Hi Julie, I'm not an expert on top bar hives but I know a couple of people who prefer them.
Whatever style of hive you choose I hope you'll have as much pleasure from your bees as I have from mine.

Latest posts

Back