Newbee preparing for the end of summer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The argument you are proffering is wrong, you originally suggested “Bakers fondant “ was safe to feed to bees, I am trying to add a degree of caution pointing out that not all of it is safe, I am sure some of it is. I don’t particularly care if beekeepers buy from me or you that’s is not the issue. Some of it is sold without any ingredient details. None, that I have found is sold with any reference to HMF a toxic in its own right, regardless of all the ingredients.
For the less well informed you could be sending them and their bees in the wrong direction.
Then why not just say that rather than “scoring points” and link to an advert for something that isn't even bakers fondant?
Why do you repeatedly refer to your business actiities in multiple posts, rather than simply making the point, which you seem to do but only after the fact ?

I do value your posts and comment but find the constant mini references to your business unwanted and mostly unnecessary. This isnt' Redditt or an advert board where users post whatever they want and it gets ranked by other members voting on it.

That method doesn’t, applied heat is the issue
glad you've conceded the fact - because that is the method now used to produce all plain baker's fondant.
We all know that all the rest of the hype is just to gull the gullible into paying more for a label with a bee on it.

Let's look at the facts shall we? nowadays, bakers fondant is made by adding water and glucose syrup to powdered sugar, no heat is used in the process and often bee labelled products are made in confectioner's factories and taken off the same production line as fondant for bakers (Belgosuc is a classic example) So to claim that baker's fondant is higher in HMF than bee labelled plain fondant just isn't true.
It's just a sly sales pitch.
Wow, never been called sly before, if you want to discuss fondants without the personal insults I am happy to continue ?
That is not baker's fondant, but fondant icing - a totally different product.
The argument you are proffering is wrong, you originally suggested “Bakers fondant “ was safe to feed to bees, I am trying to add a degree of caution pointing out that not all of it is safe, I am sure some of it is. I don’t particularly care if beekeepers buy from me or you that’s is not the issue. Some of it is sold without any ingredient details. None, that I have found is sold with any reference to HMF a toxic in its own right, regardless of all the ingredients.
For the less well informed you could be sending them and their bees in the wrong direction.
No, you again are just trying to get people only to buy from bee suppliers using a false premise and posting misleading information.
And we all know why that is.
Show me any evidence that your suppliers are any different
Any evidence that cold mixing sugar powder, water and glucose syrup produces HMF?
That method doesn’t, applied heat is the issue
just hype and blatant product plugging again - no facts offered, and nowhere does it mention that the HMF is measured

Well, this is very much not the actions I would have expected on an adult forum.

1. Patrick is a sponsor, he is answering about a product that he happens to sale. That is allowed as he did not start a selling thread. He can start a selling thread for it in the Sponsor Market if he feels like it.

2. There was a post deleted that showed one of his fondant products. That is allowed to be there, as it is answering the fondant topic of the thread. So, I'll let the other mods know that it is allowed when answering a topic of a thread.

3. That last post about "hype and blatant product plugging" may be the case, and is allowed as it is answering the topic with a product Patrick provides. Either ignore it, or stop fussing about it.

4. The biggest issue. There has not been any rules broken by Patrick, but there have been conduct rules broken by others. That needs to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back