New vaper convert confusion

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Please go easy on this as I'll sound like a right numptie! I know OF no-one in my circle of beeks who vapes oxalic acid. Up till now I've been going through a rotation of various brands of treatment strips in early autumn followed by a winter oxalic acid trickle. I find the removal of the strips really stressful (worrier me) so having now invested in a shiny new instantvap, IS it feasible to solely vape going forward? The more I read the more I'm getting confused. Advice gratefully sought.

As you probably know, OA does not kill mites under cappings, hence the 4 vapes during summer, in order to cover a full life cycle. In winter with minimal brood we get away with1. I do mine mid to late Nov, as research I have seen ( one of the National honey show speakers) shows that is most likely time to have no brood

It’s all I have done since 2011. Four vapes five days apart around this time of year.
I might do one in the middle of December.
Thanks again. I'm picking up my PPE this week and will get cracking. I'm v grateful for the on-going discussions of when / how much till I get the hang of things.

Latest posts

Back