new site agreement

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteinwilts

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Lots and lots
Hi Guys

I will be meeting a farmer on Monday who would like bees on his land.

It is the first farmer I have known to suggest a written agreement, but seems to be a sensible thing to do.

Are there any templates about?

Cheers
Pete

Hi Guys

I will be meeting a farmer on Monday who would like bees on his land.

It is the first farmer I have known to suggest a written agreement, but seems to be a sensible thing to do.

Are there any templates about?

Cheers
Pete

An agreement is advisable for both parties. I just had a problem with the estate where I keep my cattle. I had a verbal arrangement where I would repair the fences and only pay a peppercorn rent. I have spent money on posts and wire and my time in erecting the fences and now he wants the land back for a new beef venture. I should have has an agreement.

Mike

I'm sure I saw a sample (though pollination) contract as one of the Appendices to Yates M567&8 Study Notes. Should at least be a starting point.

Need to be clear on (amongst other points) who is responsible (or not) for security, right of access for bee inspection, duration of the agreement, prior termination notice (both sides, and any compensation due) and, for any contract to be valid there must be some 'consideration' (essentially someone paying someone else for their benefit under the contract).

We have a contract on one of our farms which states we have to maintain 10 colonies of honey bees on that farm, if we want to move them off or should the land owner want them off we both have to give two months notice, there are other things such as our right to access most of which is general common sense, i feel the only really important point for both parties is notice to quite, get that part right then you should not encounter any real problems.

An agreement is advisable for both parties. I just had a problem with the estate where I keep my cattle. I had a verbal arrangement where I would repair the fences and only pay a peppercorn rent. I have spent money on posts and wire and my time in erecting the fences and now he wants the land back for a new beef venture. I should have has an agreement.

Mike
Take the fence with you.

It would be nice to see an example of such an agreement published here ;)

hi pete if you can wait till Monday I will try and scan my lease I have with a land owner for you. it was drawn up by his lawyers but beneficial to both parties.

hi pete if you can wait till Monday I will try and scan my lease I have with a land owner for you. it was drawn up by his lawyers but beneficial to both parties.

Would appreciate having a peek at that too.

will post for all to use

As Promised.

sorry if its upside down it was done on an Australian photocopier lol

What about a gentleman verbal agreement sealed by a hand shake or does that not account for anything these days. Sit down and have a chat is better than bits of paper stuffed under your nose. A mans word is his bond

If only it were now days redwood.

What about a gentleman verbal agreement sealed by a hand shake or does that not account for anything these days.
I wish it would work… But politicians have taught too many others how to say one thing, doing the complete opposite :(
[FONT=&quot]Thanks a million, dpearce4.
[/FONT]

(Adob Reader: View->Rotate View -> clockwise, twice – works for me)

Last edited:
What about a gentleman verbal agreement sealed by a hand shake or does that not account for anything these days. Sit down and have a chat is better than bits of paper stuffed under your nose. A mans word is his bond

If only it were now days redwood.

It still is in my world and it will remain so for all time.

What happy planet do you live on? I would like to visit you :)

Same as you. I was brought to believe your word is your bond.... simples.

Latest posts

Back