New bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteN

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
3 plus 1 nuc
Sitting in the garden now the proud owner of two nucs, curtesy of Ian. Fantastic watching them get used to their home. All the waiting and classes over the winter worth it. Seems like having kids all over again.

I am a bee owner now and looking forward to cracking the beekeeping bit!!

If it is the same Ian, i have a Nuc from him nearly 2 weeks ago and they are storming away! great luck with the weather seems to have helped!

Congratulations and now you really do have the buzz.

I am still trying to "crack the beekeeping bit" LOL

PH

The day gets better, just spike to my mentor to arrange to transfer to hoves and fit commercial frame adaptors and we are now going to one of his out spirits. Beekeeping starts now.
Cutnrun if it is ian of this forum of the same. Fantastic chap really helpful and supportive. PH good to touch base and thanks for the congrats.

Need a lie down a bit hyper at the moment. Girls out having a good look around and the sun is shining.

Congratulations and good luck :hurray:

Just one word of warning - as a second year beek, I now know enough to know how little I know :svengo:

But then I am hopeful that in twenty years or so (should I be spared that long), I might begin to get to grips with it all

Last edited:
Update

Girls now transferred to new hives. Adaptors fitted and even spotted one of the queens. All very nice and gentle long may they stay like it. Shattered now have been a gibbering Hyper wreck all day. At least it looks like they have turned in for the night.

Whatever happens now this day is one to remember.

Congratulations and good luck :hurray:

Just one word of warning - as a second year beek, I now know enough to know how little I know :svengo:

But then I am hopeful that in twenty years or so (should I be spared that long), I might begin to get to grips with it all

agreed, I'm right there with you :D

Update

Girls now transferred to new hives. Adaptors fitted and even spotted one of the queens. All very nice and gentle long may they stay like it. Shattered now have been a gibbering Hyper wreck all day. At least it looks like they have turned in for the night.

Whatever happens now this day is one to remember.

congrats, and yes you will remember it for a long time :D

Back