new bee keeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck. I started in June last year.

thanks

How have you found the firs year ?? As I'm nervous for the bees . Found a few dying / upside down in front of the hive not allot probably 8 in total in the last 10 day's I'm thinking its normal just with the size of the hive .

Very normal, just a part of life and death but....... Make sure their wings look healthy and if you are still worried get a beekeeper with a bit of experience to have a look through to make sure things are ok.
The first year is a huge learning curve bu please ask if you have and questions or worries and then chose one of the several answers that seem right for you! There are few hard and fast rules just try and relax and enjoy the chaos they will bring to your life :)
E

Hello.

Another handy but of advice is a camera. Pictures really help here.

How have you found the firs year ?? As I'm nervous for the bees . Found a few dying / upside down in front of the hive not allot probably 8 in total in the last 10 day's I'm thinking its normal just with the size of the hive .
First year was a steep learning curve. I was nervous going through them at first but enjoy it now. They built up really well and went into winter with plenty of stores and came out of winter strong.

Welcome. I am relatively new here too.
Whatever the bees do to confound you and test you, believe me, the answers given here will only increase that.
Read as widely as you can to understand how the bees want to behave and use your brain to analyse what you think you know, what people tell you they know, and what the bees know.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thanks

thanks for your encouragement ..
I keep trying to put photos up but its not letting me I made account got conformation but still says security token missing ?? any ideas ?

I keep trying to put photos up but its not letting me I made account got conformation but still says security token missing ?? any ideas ?

I switched to Tapatalk cos it will take photos directly from phone or computer otherwise you need to copy a link from instagram/photobucket or similar image hosting website.

I think you have to have so many posts before you can add photos, probably 10
E

I was allowed to post Photos' on post one!

I have to send them from my phone to my computer then post. Which is easy.

I have to do this because I must look at the Photos before I post them, to make sure I have seen what I think I have seen. It is my check. Otherwise you would all be looking at my pictures and going "No that's not right".

I agree that pictures are very important and will look into "Tapatalk", if I think I can trust myself.

:)

......will look into "Tapatalk", if I think I can trust myself.

:)[/QUOTE]

There is a free version and it works across numerous forums and stores them all in one app, pro is paid gets rid of the adverts and I was willing to pay the developer rather than have to avoid clicking adverts all the time.
Works well but for smilies and emoticons which don't translate from the website.

I had that problem too. The best way to fix it is to log out then log back in again. Apparently, it clears the cache.

photos

Ok tapatalk isn't on windows phone, logged in and out meny times with no difference ☹ also tried phone and laptop both pop up the same msg . If it's ten posts still got a few to go but ill keep trying.

Back