New Apiary in Timsbury..

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droneR

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi All

just putting myself and my bees on the map. and letting any local keepers
know im here.. i was recommended to join by my mentor who is overseeing me.. weatherman1200 is kindly helping me with all the big decisions, and bits n bobs.. he's got 36 years under his belt so so im hoping to use this forum to catch him out LOL..

i ended up with 2 colonies due to a late swarm arriving in an abandoned hive , and a nuc i ordered arriving within 2 weeks of each other..

one and half treatments of apiguard finished 1 week early due to lack of bees n need to feed taking priority. about 8 frames full in each hive..
after todays check its seems were all good to go into winter after a bloody good feed, and mouse guards fitting.. been lucky with the wasps , didnt even close down my entrance.. i bought 4 waspinators , im using one . i can only assume its works? allthough there are always one or 2 lurking around the entrances..

enjoying learning about these amazing creatures..
especially the mendip beekeeping meetings, which for me ,are compulsory learning and much better than any book. all the people great and very keen to help..

see you around

Ryan

:seeya:

Welcome. You could pop along to the Wilts meetings sometime.

Latest posts

Back