Neopoll purchase delay....Heads up

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
Just got a mail from Paynes telling me, four days after accepting my order and payment, that they don't have any stock.

Can't say I am impressed especially as they are vaguely talking about some time next week before THEY get in stock.

I was planning on having it on the hives this weekend so am not best pleased.

PH

Think Swienty have also run out as have Modern Beekeepers, awaiting a response as to how soon new stock is due but considering getting some of that 'Bee Feed' powder and knocking some up myself however i do still have 20kg left from last year so may give them all a bit to tide them over till some more arrives.

Tomorrow was supposed to be the day i stick it on but due to an op last Monday (nothing serious, just bloody annoying) i think i may have to 'pursuade' a mate to come and help whist i direct from a seat!

C B

Seems you may need to change your signature to :-

Suppliers and Bees do nothing invariably.
bee-smillie

I bought some from Modern Beekeeping in their pre-Xmas VAT free sale :sifone: and am now pleased that it's been mentioned here as the instructions are all in German. I assume I treat it like fondant, leaving it on the tops of the frames or over the feed hole in the CB? Could anyone suggest the amount per hive?

With thanks

--
fatshark

Following Crazy Bulls bit, I have been in touch with Swienty and they emailed me to say that they will have further stock of Neopoll at the end of the month. So I should order now if your interested.

Thanks
Tim

I bought some from Modern Beekeeping in their pre-Xmas VAT free sale :sifone: and am now pleased that it's been mentioned here as the instructions are all in German. I assume I treat it like fondant, leaving it on the tops of the frames or over the feed hole in the CB? Could anyone suggest the amount per hive?

With thanks
--
fatshark

I'm sure that you will have typed the German instructions into Google translate a while ago then, unless the German was self evident to you? :)

Now Chinese or Japanese might have presented a bit of a problem.

Bought mine last year from Modern Beekeeping in the sale.

@ FatShark, yes I treat it just like fondant and have stuck a bag each (1kg) on top of the feeding holes with a few (knife) slits made for them.

Checked after 2 days and they are taking it no problem.

Thats fine if you can cope with their postage costs

I just tried to order some but the postage was almost a hundred quid for 24 packs. 36 packs works out at £288, with £100 being postage!!!!!

I just tried to order some but the postage was almost a hundred quid for 24 packs. 36 packs works out at £288, with £100 being postage!!!!!

Speak to them, I did and ordered some today at not alot more money than the other suppliers for delivery asap. Infact after dropping him an email the nice man at Park rang me back within 30mins and took my payment and assured me a courier would collect and deliver tomorrow. Can't grumble at that!

C B

What a nice man!

Definately best to give a call as they are having a problem at the moment with the online system charging vat when it shouldnt do that on foodstuffs. He was lovely and I am now quite happy with mt price including postage. Mine will be here tomorrow. Thanks again

fatshark,

With my hives consuming moderate amounts of fondant, I slit into 6 large crosses on each Neopoll pack, peeled it back a bit, then lifted the supers which have overwintered between the floor and each brood box and left it there for the bees to work.

My reasoning was that since pollen would come in from foragers at that floor level anyhow, it made sense to offer it there, with no need to disturb the cover board fondant and the bees feeding on it up top.

Also, with the warmer days (but not quite enough to be flying every day), I expect sufficient uptake from unclustering bees to get the pollen stimulus going in the colony.

Would be interested to hear any contrary opinions or advice out there.

Last edited:
Just received this from Paynes

Hi Ian
Sorry, but its not arrived yet. I’m trying to get an update from my supplier.
I’ll let you know as soon as available.

Roger

Ian

Neopoll arrived yeasterday, installed today. I would give up on paynes and use park

Latest posts

Back