neighbours

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bees were transformed from fuzzy teddy-bears (kind of) to evil psychotic monsters when they were queenless last summer. If there is anyone nearby who could be bothered, then I'd say essential to have at least a temporary back-up location just in case.
Other problem is that the best time to do inspections (sunny afternoons at the weekend, in my case) would also be the best time for your neighbours to be having barbeque/gardening/messing about outside/etc. And if they don't like bees....

lol, i agree, its just lazy not to have a plan 'b' should things go wrong

i would even go as far as to say you have a responsibility to have a plan 'b'

A friend of mine who had been keeping bees in his garden for some decades had a problem when new neighbours moved in next door. Whilst he was doing an inspection the family popped their heads over the privet hedge and said 'oh how lovely'- and got stung in the process.

They then insisted that he must move them- he dug his heels in and qouted the rights of beekeepers under english law. I am not suggested you start a war with your neighbours, but providing you don't cause a nuisance, you have the right to keep bees!
Chris

Latest posts

Back