neighbours liveing next door who are not happy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neighbours who complain about constantly being stung by our bees or being unable to use their garden because of our honey bee attacks are normally treated as miserable liars or nut cases on this forum.

There is a case often quoted on this forum of one miserable neighbour/liar who complained about bee attacks and the beekeeper had cleverly put an empty hive in his garden to fool him. This proves that all neighbours are liars and we should continue to treat them as such.

Why should we give up our hobby just because it almost always causes misery for neighbours?

I don't know but suspect your post is rhetorical :)
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nine years on, and one neighbour said he had never had a bee in his house and had never been troubled by them ever. Until he came round and asked if I wanted my bees back, after my bypass op.

He died and immediately the new neighbours just tried to make trouble. It did not cut any ice with anyone.

Back to normal since they got chucked out of the rented house, after mutilating it.

Another old lady once complained to me that my bees were noisy - she could hear them buzzing on a hot summer's day. No other complaint from her and she did not see them in her garden, either. That was when I could not move them away, so some had not been moved out for the summer crops. I would never keep any that would follow or be a nuisance - they are quickly despatched to an out apiary (and requeened if a continuing nuisance to me).

However, not all neigbours should be regarded as liars. One individual case does not make everyone a liar.

(And yes I am the female parent of several so ought to be prone to disproportionate acts of protectiveness...well I am...over drugs and motorbikes anyway which do way more harm than bees).

Susbees ?? Really ??? Motorbikes ???

Nothing dangerous about motorbikes....Its the wassucks driving cars who dont look out for them that are dangerous, not motorbikes.... Being a biker myself, I can tell you Bikers are the best and safest people on the road (out of necessity)...

Susbees ?? Really ??? Motorbikes ???

Nothing dangerous about motorbikes....Its the wassucks driving cars who dont look out for them that are dangerous, not motorbikes.... Being a biker myself, I can tell you Bikers are the best and safest people on the road (out of necessity)...

So the bikers I have met on the Congleton to Buxton road, driving on the wrong side of the road on a blind corner are safe?

More likely dead by now... and safe.. in their coffins.

Last edited:
A broad statement indeed :)
Hooligans on two wheels are hooligans full stop . Total disregard of the speed limits plus an immortality complex creates lots of the injuries sustained by bikers .

Often a motorist pulling out of a junction ,making contact with a biker would have seen the guy had he been observing the speed limit, I've witnessed such happenings on a fair few times in my life time .
I was a petrol head as a youngster , luckily I got away with it !
Undertaking, creating ones own carriageway leads to a lot of the problems .
Here endeth the lesson :D

VM

I would make arrangements to move them Ryan.
A case was heared last year and the beekeeper lost(Asbo given).
Judges tend to go on what cases have been heared before.

EDIT:Just found a link:
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view...imal-AsboBeekeeper-s-swarm-hit-by-animal-Asbo

I love the way the Express have used a picture of a Bumble bee.

That incident is part of a larger neighbour feud involving an alleged assault by the beekeeper on the neighbours

BTW I have two neighbours who think swarms are facinating.

Last edited:
A broad statement indeed :)
Hooligans on two wheels are hooligans full stop . Total disregard of the speed limits plus an immortality complex creates lots of the injuries sustained by bikers .

Often a motorist pulling out of a junction ,making contact with a biker would have seen the guy had he been observing the speed limit, I've witnessed such happenings on a fair few times in my life time .
I was a petrol head as a youngster , luckily I got away with it !
Undertaking, creating ones own carriageway leads to a lot of the problems .
Here endeth the lesson :D

VM

Sounds like a load of anitbiker prejudice.

... Police statistics finger the Car driver in 75% of car bike incidents...

Police recognise Motorcyclists are MORE law abiding than car drivers.

In fact most bike accidents with another vehicle occur at low speed.

I've had cars pull out in front me in all situations, going round roundabouts, in traffic.
Classic ,I'm going round a relatively small roundabout (big touring bike head lights ON, speed <15mph). at a range of 4m a car pulls out of side road directly in front of me. To avoid I tighten my corner and have to ride along side the drivers window. The driver still doesnt see me . She didnt know I existed until I followed her into the petrol station.

Derek
.... 40 years of Motorcycling and still alive by assuming Car drivers are BLIND until proven otherwise.

Last edited:
So the bikers I have met on the Congleton to Buxton road, driving on the wrong side of the road on a blind corner are safe?

More likely dead by now... and safe.. in their coffins.

On a left hander you ride on the wrong side to see round the corner, the sooner you see the slow tractor the better.

Derek

40 years motorcycling still alive by looking out for all those who are trying to kill me

Neighbours who complain about constantly being stung by our bees or being unable to use their garden because of our honey bee attacks are normally treated as miserable liars or nut cases on this forum.

There is a case often quoted on this forum of one miserable neighbour/liar who complained about bee attacks and the beekeeper had cleverly put an empty hive in his garden to fool him. This proves that all neighbours are liars and we should continue to treat them as such.

Why should we give up our hobby just because it almost always causes misery for neighbours?

4 post Troll?

Does the name suggest their general attitude to honeybees or just what happened to their bees?

Oops.... just helped keep this thread alive......................

Last edited:
BTW I have two neighbours who think swarms are facinating.

The neighbour 3 doors down who I recently collected one of my own casts from said that it'd been an enlightening experience once I'd collected them and taken them away. With the exception of aggressive stocks and genuine allergies, I'm of the opinion that almost all "neighbour problems" with bees are due to their own prejudice and ignorance. But if you keep aggressive stocks in a garden any problems arising from that are of your own making anyway. Garden beekeepers should be particularly vigilant in ensuring new queens are of a calm and gentle temperament, and ready to requeen immediately at the first sign of trouble from a new queen.

The neighbour 3 doors down who I recently collected one of my own casts from said that it'd been an enlightening experience once I'd collected them and taken them away. With the exception of aggressive stocks and genuine allergies, I'm of the opinion that almost all "neighbour problems" with bees are due to their own prejudice and ignorance. But if you keep aggressive stocks in a garden any problems arising from that are of your own making anyway. Garden beekeepers should be particularly vigilant in ensuring new queens are of a calm and gentle temperament, and ready to requeen immediately at the first sign of trouble from a new queen.

you forgot the 2m+ high fences.

Nine years on, and one neighbour said he had never had a bee in his house and had never been troubled by them ever. Until he came round and asked if I wanted my bees back, after my bypass op.

He died and immediately the new neighbours just tried to make trouble. It did not cut any ice with anyone.

Back to normal since they got chucked out of the rented house, after mutilating it.

Another old lady once complained to me that my bees were noisy - she could hear them buzzing on a hot summer's day. No other complaint from her and she did not see them in her garden, either. That was when I could not move them away, so some had not been moved out for the summer crops. I would never keep any that would follow or be a nuisance - they are quickly despatched to an out apiary (and requeened if a continuing nuisance to me).

However, not all neigbours should be regarded as liars. One individual case does not make everyone a liar.

The first person who said the bees were no trouble must be telling the truth and probably very nice and went into his garden a lot. The second person must be lying if he said he'd been attacked by bees and only lied to cause trouble because he likes trouble. The third must be telling the truth because, although there was a complaint, it was such a small complaint (noise) that it is allowed to be true.

you forgot the 2m+ high fences.

That too. There are a couple of other ways to have the same effect, I have a massive ivy bush that's at least 2.5m facing the entrance of one of my big hives and a couple of nucs in my garden, and a tree facing the entrance of my other hive on the other side of my garden. There are a few "outside the box" solutions to get that effect if you're not willing or able to erect new fences that you might already have available in your garden.

That too. There are a couple of other ways to have the same effect, I have a massive ivy bush that's at least 2.5m facing the entrance of one of my big hives and a couple of nucs in my garden, and a tree facing the entrance of my other hive on the other side of my garden. There are a few "outside the box" solutions to get that effect if you're not willing or able to erect new fences that you might already have available in your garden.

I'm interested in outside the box ideas!

Another alternative is the bee shed, looks like a shed but there is big hole/skylight in the roof. Keeps the hives inside, sheltered, locked away and out of sight, from thieves and neighbours as well as sending the bees upwards.

Bees? what bees?

Last edited:
Yes, but they've invented the driving test since then Victor!:biggrinjester:

Nearly correct Martin !
I was stationed in Northern Ireland in the fifties, it was still driving test free! As a push iron was all I could afford at the time meant I didn't buy a license at the local post office .My horizons didn't stretch so far ahead :)
VM

neighbours

hi ryan I know how you feel im having problems with neighbors and counsel with what happened last year he knows he can't do it again so he is complaining to council every day but this week he phoned them and said my bees have got a 71 year old man trapped in his car and attacking the car they phoned me straight away about it went to have a look and the street was empty and my bees were just flying around hive and they were very placid.the problem is I had police to him last year so he is scared of doing anything now so he as knife in back and only way he can win is through counsel so they have advised me to move them or they will take it further so good luck with yours

Latest posts

Back