Nec, birmingham - good greasy spoon cafe

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodenBeam

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
More than a few
Visiting the NEC in the near future, does anyone have a recommendation of a good greasy spoon cafe to get a decent breakfast?
We’ll be travelling along the M6 from the Kettering direction, ate at the on site Weatherspoon's last time round...........don’t really want to repeat that exercise.

Back in the day the Rugby truck stop was good on the A5. I'm going back to the '90's tho

Lincoln Farn Truckstop .. very traditional truckers cafe .. good food, cheap, huge car park and open from the crack of sparrows kneecaps. About 4 miles from the NEC. Not been there for a few years but used to drop in for breakfast all the time when I was on the road.

Cafe was a bit dated in those days but clean and I never got any serious after effects.. Can't say the same for the last time I ate at the NEC !

Ended up at Tracey’s Cafe, Nuneaton. Happy to recommend to anyone travelling to the NEC.

Lincoln Farn Truckstop .. very traditional truckers cafe .. good food, cheap, huge car park and open from the crack of sparrows kneecaps. About 4 miles from the NEC. Not been there for a few years but used to drop in for breakfast all the time when I was on the road.

Cafe was a bit dated in those days but clean and I never got any serious after effects.. Can't say the same for the last time I ate at the NEC !

Is that the one on the A17 with the big apple and cherry pies? That place never changes. Hope it never does

Is that the one on the A17 with the big apple and cherry pies? That place never changes. Hope it never does

No .. it's just off the A452 about a mile or two south of the meriden roundabout .. they used to do a mean home made apple pie though !

There's not many like this left. There should be a website that identifies them all ..

I also used to regularly drop in to what was Jocks Cafe on the Colnbrook bypass just off the M4 by the slough junction. It's called the Riverside cafe now but I've not been there for a few years but looks the same as it was. They did the best breakfast west of London. Their steak pie was a force to be reckoned with as well ..

https://theriversideonline.com/

No .. it's just off the A452 about a mile or two south of the meriden roundabout .. they used to do a mean home made apple pie though !

There's not many like this left. There should be a website that identifies them all ..

I also used to regularly drop in to what was Jocks Cafe on the Colnbrook bypass just off the M4 by the slough junction. It's called the Riverside cafe now but I've not been there for a few years but looks the same as it was. They did the best breakfast west of London. Their steak pie was a force to be reckoned with as well ..

https://theriversideonline.com/

We used to drop in when I was working on the M25 in that area...... great place 😊

Latest posts

Back