National honey monitoring scheme

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep same hive different frame.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

I think the idea is one tube us analysed, the second is then kept for future reference................by doing as you are, that goes out the window.
Please check but I think the samples are expected to basically contain the same honey/wax, to achieve this you need to collect from the same section on the one frame.

2nd sample needs to be identical honey etc as first. Its stored so that if in future more sensitive tests etc are created samples can be retested. It's on their website.

I think the idea is one tube us analysed, the second is then kept for future reference................by doing as you are, that goes out the window.

Please check but I think the samples are expected to basically contain the same honey/wax, to achieve this you need to collect from the same section on the one frame.
I don't think it says same frame, but same hive?
I've taken mine on the same day but from different frames, allso from the same hive, and both samples are from freshly capped frames.. Confused now?

And I've made sure there's plenty of comb to!

No.
You have to send honey straight off the frame, wax included.
If there is no comb in with the honey they discard it.

tbhi didnt read that bit and took two samples from the mixed honey from 20 supers from two hives from the same site ...probably why i got 37 diff types of pollen ... eek !

will do it properly this year honest !

tbhi didnt read that bit and took two samples from the mixed honey from 20 supers from two hives from the same site ...probably why i got 37 diff types of pollen ... eek !

will do it properly this year honest !
Well I'll be glad to get any results.
The honey tasted the same and looked the same on both frames

Latest posts

Back