My set up

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
At present a couple of national hives, lovingly made by my very generous neighbour. Facing south, sitting on slabs partial shade from a venerable pear tree. Space between and behind for comfortable working. 2021 was disastrous. I was down to a couple of weak colonies, but had medical problems, so my aim was to tick things over. Both colonies failed. So bought two new nuc colonies locally. Abundance: 3 supers on each so my spinner was well used.
The wet frames and those which had too many uncapped cells were returned, resulted in each hive having one and a half filled supers for the winter. Looking forward to this season, but allotment rules and kit won't allow much more expansion in the number of colonies.

At present a couple of national hives, lovingly made by my very generous neighbour. Facing south, sitting on slabs partial shade from a venerable pear tree. Space between and behind for comfortable working. 2021 was disastrous. I was down to a couple of weak colonies, but had medical problems, so my aim was to tick things over. Both colonies failed. So bought two new nuc colonies locally. Abundance: 3 supers on each so my spinner was well used.
The wet frames and those which had too many uncapped cells were returned, resulted in each hive having one and a half filled supers for the winter. Looking forward to this season, but allotment rules and kit won't allow much more expansion in the number of colonies.
Welcome to the Forum - a great source of beekeeping wisdom - well, most of the time....... Where are you in England?

Latest posts

Back