My beekeeping days may be over

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't rush and give up. Some years ago i was bitten on the inside of my wrist and for some reason did not notice it. Some 2 hours later while sitting down indoors, i realised that i was itchy all over and that my face was gradually going numb. Went to my local Gp and communicated via written note what had happened. Luckily not anaphalaxis and was presecribed some steroid tablets which restored things to normal.

I was really cautious after this but soon picked up a couple of stings and had no reaction. Now try to rapidly apply antihistimine cream to the site of stings which seems to work even when i stupidly didn't close completely one of the zips on my veil do that 5 or 6 bees rapidly found their way inside. Not to recommended!

Don't rush and give up. Some years ago i was bitten on the inside of my wrist and for some reason did not notice it. Some 2 hours later while sitting down indoors, i realised that i was itchy all over and that my face was gradually going numb. Went to my local Gp and communicated via written note what had happened. Luckily not anaphalaxis and was presecribed some steroid tablets which restored things to normal.

I was really cautious after this but soon picked up a couple of stings and had no reaction. Now try to rapidly apply antihistimine cream to the site of stings which seems to work even when i stupidly didn't close completely one of the zips on my veil do that 5 or 6 bees rapidly found their way inside. Not to recommended!

Took another two stings today while working with my mentor. Again, absolutely no reaction bar the usual minor itches at the sting site. I can only think that the hayfever antihistamines are working sufficiently well to contain the reaction.

Will still try to avoid stings if I can, but can be a little less stressed about it.

Bird watching? I am up to four supers on one hive so no complaints.

Hi Enrico,
Yes a bit of bird watching, but more just enjoying the environment - it was great, couldn't hear traffic!
Your Spring is better than last year then? Good for you- four supers is brilliant.
I've suffered from swarm fever - only able to check at weekends and the weather got the better of me through April, but the bees have taken advantage. I've captured three but lost the impetus in the colonies.
Still time for a crop though if the Summer is good....

Latest posts

Back