Mini Bee Hive - Mini Plus frames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domino

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi,

I bought a few of these Mini Plus mating nucs from abelo.

I was wondering if anyone knew where to get spare frames from?

Swienty.

Don't Abelo also sell frames for them?

Are they same hives at Swienty, I was just trying to work out where to source them from. I've just ordered some more from Abelo, they are pretty nice.

Most of the ones I had fell apart... made replacement wooden ones... just as good if not better!

Nos da

Are they same hives at Swienty, I was just trying to work out where to source them from. I've just ordered some more from Abelo, they are pretty nice.

Abelo used to stock spare frames but don't list them anymore, I'm sure they'd sell some if you asked, lyson, the parent company, list them.
I've got loads and agree they're nice, they do have the odd downside (too much space under the frame leading to wild come being the worst imho) but they're a good size for mating and when combined, easily overwinter making them a flexible option.
I'm not sure the swienty mini plus frames are exactly the same size.

hi,
i use these mini plus frames and get them from bijenhof in belgium.they sell them in plastic or wood and are very cheap.they also post to the uk.

Latest posts

Back