Midlands/Castle donington

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The derby one is held in Crich, the first Tuesday in the month, living next door to a nursing home, wasn't the best place for me to keep the bees,so I moved them to thulston .Unfortunatly I am down to one hive,

I feel a car share coming on! I'm like 5 minutes from Chester Green. :auto:

Looks like this thread may be a bit old and stale. I am a newbie in Kegworth, suffering from swarm chaos. Can anyone advise locally?

I am having a lot of issue with swarming and have now got 4 colonies that I feel are weak.
Colony A swarmed and was recaptured and is now queen less for some reason
Colony B- was the remnant when A swarmed. Has a young queen, but is very small for time of year.
Colony C- was a new nuc that came in 3 weeks ago, but swarmed, so currently queenless and low on food
Colony D- recaptured swarm from C. Currently in nuc box as I have nowhere else to put it.

I am lacking confidence as a newbie and have rapidly accrued 4 colonies and the firm impression that I must be doing something wrong.

I am having a lot of issue with swarming and have now got 4 colonies that I feel are weak.
Colony A swarmed and was recaptured and is now queen less for some reason
Colony B- was the remnant when A swarmed. Has a young queen, but is very small for time of year.
Colony C- was a new nuc that came in 3 weeks ago, but swarmed, so currently queenless and low on food
Colony D- recaptured swarm from C. Currently in nuc box as I have nowhere else to put it.

I am lacking confidence as a newbie and have rapidly accrued 4 colonies and the firm impression that I must be doing something wrong.
PM'd you Slangers...

SLANGERS; Are you registered with BeeBase? AFB has been confirmed this year in your area.

This is very out of date as I no longer am in the area.

PH

Latest posts

Back