Mesh for OMF

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngyoungs

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
More than 4
My dad has volunteered to make me some new floors and I wondered where the best place was to source the mesh. Any favourite suppliers or hints?

Thanks

mesh floor

the mesh can be bought from thorne cut to size for £4.50

I have used "the mesh company" from warrington several times and found them helpful and quick to deliver. They offer steel (plastic coated or galvanized) or stainless steel mesh in Nat, Lang & TBH sizes, and sell from packs of 3 upwards.

I have used "bee hive bits" from Bromsgrove for other beekeeping metal work and found them similarly good, but I've not bought their mesh before. They seem to offer just Nat in Steel but sell singles.

Both companies have websites you can find using your favourite search engine.

As an aside, whilst checking that these companies were still trading, I searched for both. Within the results, I was surprised to find a thread on another UK beekeeping forum answering the same question and on 26 Jan 2013 a mod on that forum answered...

suggesting that the OP contact Dave Cushman.

... I was surprised to find a thread on another UK beekeeping forum answering the same question and on 26 Jan 2013 a mod on that forum answered...

... suggesting that the OP contact Dave Cushman.

Were they advising using a spiritualist or taking a trip through the Pearly Gates for a word in person?

I have used "the mesh company" from warrington several times and found them helpful and quick to deliver. They offer steel (plastic coated or galvanized) or stainless steel mesh in Nat, Lang & TBH sizes, and sell from packs of 3 upwards.

:iagree: Their stainless steel mesh is excellent - very obliging and helpful firm to deal with as well.

I wondered where the best place was to source the mesh. Any favourite suppliers or hints?
I got a couple of galvanised 450mm square panels to add to nuc boxes from Wynne J0nes. If you are passing any of the regular bee suppliers or can combine it with a larger order it avoids the highish postage charge for a sheet or two.

:iagree: The Mesh Company, also found on Ebay but a bit more expensive than their web, very good company and they sent me two SS traveling screen mesh FREE. I personally use epoxy coated mesh, it is cheep enough to replace for the 2 hive beekeepers every time you change the floor

Latest posts

Back