MB Polyhives

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
None of my own
Does anyone (cough) know if the MB national polys announced today will have a 14x12 version, either by super attachment or otherwise?

That is what they said. No sign on the website otherwise I would have ordered one straight away so I intend asking tomorrow.

There is a nuc on the drawing board that will take Modified commercial but it is not yet in production. It's close or so I am told.

PH

It is quite clear on their website what the position is regarding 14 x 12 format.

Two supers and a shallow eke is the compromise for us with that format, initially. Maybe a single box later.

If you had signed up for the newsletter all this information would have winged it's way to you automatically.

RAB

It is quite clear on their website what the position is regarding 14 x 12 format.

Two supers and a shallow eke is the compromise for us with that format, initially. Maybe a single box later.

If you had signed up for the newsletter all this information would have winged it's way to you automatically.

RAB

but..but...but...but........

OK, I'm sure somewhere on the MB site it mentions it, but not under the National page. Also, had signed up for and today received newsletter which didnt mention it either.

I almost quoted from their website - cut and pasted some of it, then deleted and added. Go to News, more news and New National. The initial write-up has been there since about October.

RAB

RAB

Yes it does say that in the newsletter but I couldn't find the eke on the website. Perhaps I didn't look hard enough. The floor is not listed separately either.RAB will you be ordering the supers and eke or waiting for the single box?

Last edited:
I should be way up the list for my order, I hope.

I don't really care how it is done as long as the price is right for us.

One could always decide later to buy the single box, if it ever materialises, and separate the initial brood concoction into two supers (I hope).

Regards, RAB

"The floor is not listed separately either"

AFAIK they've had a basic order of complete sets of floor/brood/roof as first delivery. extra parts presumably will follow.

It will all be sorted in the next week.

Just a bit of a rushed job with the website and some slight adjustments necessary, what with Stoneleigh being a pretty immediate priority,it seems to be 'explosively' busy, instantanoeusly and all at once!

Regards, RAB

given that they weren't sure if the hives would arrive on thurs or friday or at all its amazing that they have anything listed to buy on the site today. i was presuming that it'd be orders at stoneleigh only.

I ordered a 'three brood box' National from them to trial this morning at 8.30am *cough* and Hannah very kindly added the individual brood box option at my request.

Apparently they've been shipped to me already......

amazing - i wouldn't have believed that a relatively small concern would be able to offer and ready for despatch new products whilst also preparing stock for a trade show!!!!

Ready for dispatch and DISPACHED are 2 different things!

Ready for dispatch and DISPACHED are 2 different things!

Not necessarily so! Depends on the Company. I can think of one that has blown it on all three counts (hmm, three you say? Ready, Dispatched and actually Existing). no actual first hand dealings with that company, but strongly anecdotal!

MB is different entirely. For my dealings with them, they have a perfect track record.

Regards, RAB

I am interested to see their product first hand today, no comment until I have prodded it. LOL

PH

PH,

Your 'prodmeter' will record at least your stutory 100kg per cubic metre

Of course. It won't fall over/slide off as easily as some.

Go on, try one! You might even like it!

Regards, RAB

We measured two supers, 6" each, and they might do without an eke if placed on the floor. Obviously would need some sort of eke if doing say a Bailey change. Promised prices for individual bits on website next week. Guess I'll go for two supers, a roof and a floor.

Latest posts

Back