Mating swarm ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knowing Mick, I very much doubt he will have missed a queen cell :)

Thank you Nigel, I am as certain as you can be that I didn't, that's why I was so confused.
On the other hand the colony is now acting quite strange, they are showing signs of being robbed and I am sure there are bees of a slightly different colour trying to gain entry. The guard bees are running all over the entrance and front of the hive This is going on right up until its almost dark but the other 3 colonies in the garden are not flying at that time. Tonight I will put a mesh screen over the entrance, if there are foreign bees robbing they should be there trying to get in tomorrow while my bees are trapped inside.

We will see.

6cf.png

Hi Mick,
Try again. If I am reading your OP correctly you did not make an AS just removed the queen, assume you did not miss another QC, then some on this forum will say that they will swarm with the first virgin available and in this case leave the hive -Q - thereof the robbing?

Hi Mick,
Try again. If I am reading your OP correctly you did not make an AS just removed the queen, assume you did not miss another QC, then some on this forum will say that they will swarm with the first virgin available and in this case leave the hive -Q - thereof the robbing?

Would bees swarm leaving no provision for another queen?
Unlikely surely?

With beekeeping interference that is the impression I got, but it is an unusual scenario agreed. I know that you believe in mating swarms, but I don't. I believe they were searching for the queen. Can't wait to find out what happens.

Would bees swarm leaving no provision for another queen?
Unlikely surely?
Really unlikely and again a work if pure fantasy. The clue is 'with the FIRST virgin' THEREFORE (that is the correct word in this instance) implying there are others left behind. They wouldn't swarm leaving the colony queenless.
The OP need to be choosy as to your source of 'knowledge' in this game.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back