March cold snap on way for UK - caution

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bee Bob Delux

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
warre
Number of Hives
Follow the Red Line - 5c below average UK temp for second half of March....paid subscription usually very good

Credits to **************

Last edited by a moderator:
according to the beeb this week on countryfile they were saying it was going to start warming up from next weekend.

Struggling to post picture of forecast, does the photo have to be ont' tweb somewhere???:ohthedrama:

according to the beeb this week on countryfile they were saying it was going to start warming up from next weekend.

High pressure moving in, but with an easterly wind.

XC Weather has a similar forecast for the next 7 days.. and it's free..

i will look out the window like i normally do...

Brrrrr - better slap some more supers on then

Is that a reference to andrew abcdefg?

A forum i d i o t if you were to ask me.

Why don't we add supers in November/December and save the problem of storing them elsewhere? Maybe even leave the roof off as long as they are sheltered from the rain?

A few thoughts for the new beeks joining? Even some of them might see the stoopidity of what has been suggested on the other threads?

Weak colonies, just starting brooding, may well be prone to isolation starvation if we get some really cold conditions for a week or so. Brooding colonies will need a supply of water - at least - in those situations, to continue brooding successfully.

There is more to beekeeping than blindly adding supers at inopportune times....

RAB

Brrrrr - better slap some more supers on then

Is that a reference to andrew abcdefg?

A forum i d i o t if you were to ask me.

Why don't we add supers in November/December and save the problem of storing them elsewhere? Maybe even leave the roof off as long as they are sheltered from the rain?

RAB

Andrew appears to be a longstanding Cheshire BBKA member.

This old chestnut !

Impossible to predict beyond 5 days, may well be a cold snap, equally chance of warm... snap... or me running the 3 minute mile. :)

Latest posts

Back