Maisie's Poly sale.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinsbrynmair

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
Credit where credit is due.
Put in my sale order Saturday evening.
Had a text message late this morning - order with courier and the pallet will be with me sometime tomorrow.
Unfortunately SWMBO will be away until Late tomorrow evening - some dinner meeting with one of the EU auditors so she won't be here to help me pack everything away.
Ho Hum :D

I have had the complete opposite experience.

Ordered at 1am on the 2nd Jan. 1 hr after the sale opened.

Ordered 60 nucs (30 nucs and 30 nucs parts (30 brood boxes, floors, roofs, feeders).

Spent £1500. Requested delivery Friday 12th Jan. 10 days to prepare. Didnt turn up!

And have you asked them why? could be an issue with the carrier.
I can in all honesty say that I've never had anything but exemplary service from them.
You can expect some holdups after the usual beginning of sale avalanche which is why I hung back a while before ordering, was still pleasantly surprised the turnaround was so quick though.
I've even had them, after a larger than planned convention pre-order calling up and arranging a home delivery rather than go through the hassle of collecting it at Builth.

And have you asked them why? could be an issue with the carrier.
I can in all honesty say that I've never had anything but exemplary service from them.
You can expect some holdups after the usual beginning of sale avalanche which is why I hung back a while before ordering, was still pleasantly surprised the turnaround was so quick though.
I've even had them, after a larger than planned convention pre-order calling up and arranging a home delivery rather than go through the hassle of collecting it at Builth.

Ah that explains it. Its the Jonny Come Latelys that are holding up my order :)

Im not that fussed anyway, its not like I need them anytime soon.

Ive always had good experiences with them in the past and they are very helpful on the phone.

Hate that their frames are slightly mis sized for thornes foundation!

Nice nucs but with a moulded floor, they don't sell just the chamber so not stackable.

This is a dilema now. I saw these at £39.99 with no volume discount. Ordering 60 would bring that way down! hmmm.

Maybe I will give them a ring in the morning.

I really like the idea of having the 2 in 1 option but wanted stackable to help with managing splits in nucs.

HMMMMM

Last edited:
Nice nucs but with a moulded floor, they don't sell just the chamber so not stackable.

Sorry - what do you mean by moulded floor - as opposed to what? I assume they are OMF?

Love the fact you can feed fondant in that feeder without an eke. Great design even if its only in the 6 frame format

yeah It would actually be quite an easy mod.

I have my feeders inverted to feed fondant but it means they arent as stable and the wall thickness is greatly reduced (by a factor of 2).

I think I'm gonna cancel the maisies order and go with 50 of these if the price is right

Love the fact you can feed fondant in that feeder without an eke. Great design even if its only in the 6 frame format

Erm, you can with the Maisemore ones, the internal bits just pull out.

Erm, you can with the Maisemore ones, the internal bits just pull out.
it's not quite the same though is it. the internal bits pull out but the bees still have to travel all the way up the internal channel and over to reach the fondant meaning they can only access when they break cluster.

The b.s. one is far neater and allows the fondant to be placed within a couple of CM of the cluster as opposed to 10cm away and round the corner.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Stackable as in adding extra brood bodies?
I'm pretty sure maismore nuc broods fit.

Stackable as in adding extra brood bodies?
I'm pretty sure maismore nuc broods fit.
oh really? that would be great if they did!

perfect fit or bit of a bodge?

perfect fit or bit of a bodge?

Straight on
25299217_1539343142825200_6378936309513026563_n.jpg

Back