Loving every moment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hi All

New to Beekeeping in 2022 when work gave a group of us to set up Beekeeping on our site.

Having bought 3 new hives and everything that goes along with this we got our bees in September.

I have loved this so much that I now have my own hive having been donated this just before Christmas.

Now I'm throwing my self into the local BBKA Group.

This is such a great hobby, so sad I didn't start years ago.

Simon

I agree it is absolutely addictive....Good job given that 1 becomes 2 becomes 4 and so on.
There is something magical about being with the bees in the fresh air that takes away the stress of life. I can spend an hour just watching the girls coming and going, looking at pollen and thinking thats xxx pollen likely from there, which turns a horrendous working day or week into not seeming as bad. Even when you find there's an issue like swarm cells that weren't there or expected, you think I know what do, then the sense of satisfaction when you put things right or in place to resolve the issue, it cant be matched.
I think its the transactional problem solving that appeals, when most other life issues nowadays take weeks or months to resolve. I'm sure those who do this for a living will tell me otherwise, but I think beekeeping should be available on the NHS for a multitude of ailments.
This forum is the icing on the cake, as it offers the extra support that hundreds of years of collective experience will give you the answer.

I agree it is absolutely addictive....Good job given that 1 becomes 2 becomes 4 and so on.
There is something magical about being with the bees in the fresh air that takes away the stress of life. I can spend an hour just watching the girls coming and going, looking at pollen and thinking thats xxx pollen likely from there, which turns a horrendous working day or week into not seeming as bad. Even when you find there's an issue like swarm cells that weren't there or expected, you think I know what do, then the sense of satisfaction when you put things right or in place to resolve the issue, it cant be matched.
I think its the transactional problem solving that appeals, when most other life issues nowadays take weeks or months to resolve. I'm sure those who do this for a living will tell me otherwise, but I think beekeeping should be available on the NHS for a multitude of ailments.
This forum is the icing on the cake, as it offers the extra support that hundreds of years of collective experience will give you the answer.
Spot on, with another 'O' added to the years soon, I now have an aluminium chair in the apiary so I can muse in comfort.

Latest posts

Back