Lime Trees.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry my photo obviously isn't good - I'll try to add some more. It is definitely not a lilac nor is it ivy - we have plenty of both. I realise it is the lack of scale to the image that leads to that idea. The tree's leaves have been out for about a month or so (each year I wonder whether it has died) and it is a tree about 20 feet high. I've put a photo here http://apiarylandlord.wordpress.com as some cannot see the facebook photo - I thought making it visible to everyone would mean no log in required so I apologise. The flowers when they come are creamy white bracts - what you see at the moment are the buds coming up above teh leaves from the end of each branch/twig. I'll check out the earlier suggestion in a moment and confirm if it is that one to save anyone's time. Much appreciated that so many take the time to venture a suggestion.
Tricia

It does indeed look like the Indian bean tree - thanks Skyhook and Drstitson - though some online images show a different leaf shape and, shame on me, I have never noticed the pods. It was covered in bees last year when it flowered.
Tricia

Is yours getting sun from a more southerly facing aspect? Ours is to the north of the house, though far enough in front to still get a certain amount of sun. We are some way south of you.

Latest posts

Back