Leg jiggling: is it a male-only phenomenon? An observational study in an airport café.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought everyone copied it, I certainly did when I was lithe and supple. These days I would probably just wobble over, unlike weebles which wobble but don't fall downo_O
I'm getting that way too.:D

All the women I know tend to be more present and in the moment. A lot of men I know are dwelling in the past and future. Perhaps it is connected

I think it's possibly hereditary.
I do it, my father and brother both do it.

The usual time is when sitting or lying with legs crossed.
I do it unconsciously and if my wife tells me to stop (it annoys her a lot) I get an "ache" in my calf trying to subdued it.

I'm female, have unmedicated ADHD and can say that most people with ADHD are prolific legg jigglers, knee bouncers, toe tappers, etc! Myself included. I often get a little nudge from my husband when we're out, or he'll put his hand on my knee (ooooh Maaatron) as a silent way of drawing my attention to it. It doesn't always stop it, but sometimes its enough to prevent me drilling a hole in the floor with my heel.....

Not saying everyone has ADHD obviously!

I'm female, have unmedicated ADHD and can say that most people with ADHD are prolific legg jigglers, knee bouncers, toe tappers, etc! Myself included. I often get a little nudge from my husband when we're out, or he'll put his hand on my knee (ooooh Maaatron) as a silent way of drawing my attention to it. It doesn't always stop it, but sometimes its enough to prevent me drilling a hole in the floor with my heel.....

OCD Definitely in the male bloodline of my family.

I think it's a common symptom of a few neurodivergent conditions. Variety is the spice of life though eh, the world would be a boring place if we were all the same :D
We are all on the spectrum somewhere - some just hide it better than others ... or refuse to admit it.