leave them to it

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isnt it true that most, if not all, beekeepers are naturalists and conservationists ? The distinction between those who use foundation and those who dont is miniscule and is only ever emphasised by those who think theyre following the 'true' grail of 'natural' beekeeping - parsimonious crap IMHO

Isnt it true that most, if not all, beekeepers are naturalists and conservationists ?

No, most definitely not, I know and have known a great number of people that "keep bees" that are neither naturalists or conservationists, or even begin to understand the subject or even want to for that matter.

Chris

Parsimonious -

1: exhibiting or marked by parsimony; especially : frugal to the point of stinginess
2: sparing, restrained

I fail to understand what you're actually trying to say by use of the above word, but nevermind.......

As one of those reviled "natural beekeepers", (not a title I would choose - for at least the 4th time in his thread alone), I can confirm that there really are many more differences than just not using foundation, (but then ignorance of that way of keeping bees doesn't get in the way of many disliking and denigrating it!)

Just for semantics sake I'll make a point - "A Langstroth hive can be the BEST choice to maximise honey production" - by making that statement I am not preaching, not trying to attract converts, nor am I being "holier than thou" - just stating a pretty unarguable fact.....

Last edited:
Parsimonious -

1: exhibiting or marked by parsimony; especially : frugal to the point of stinginess
2: sparing, restrained

I fail to understand what you're actually trying to say by use of the above word, but nevermind.......

As one of those reviled "natural beekeepers", (not a title I would choose - for at least the 4th time in his thread alone), I can confirm that there really are many more differences than just not using foundation, (but then ignorance of that way of keeping bees doesn't get in the way of many disliking and denigrating it!)

Just for semantics sake I'll make a point - "A Langstroth hive can be the BEST choice to maximise honey production" - by making that statement I am not preaching, not trying to attract converts, nor am I being "holier than thou" - just stating a pretty unarguable fact.....

Dog bone, cap fit........nothing more to say really :beatdeadhorse5:

Oh good - about time!:coolgleamA:

motives for beekeeping :

- producing honey

- pollinating flowers

- interfering with bees

only one of these options is best covered by wacky bunny hugging beekeeping

hysteria.gif

I'm a bunny hugging beekeeper... nothing wrong with that.

I would rather be called that than a bee fiddler!! That sounds too much like kiddie fiddler and I truly revile them.

Latest posts

Back