lady boy/drone layer/ queen rearing workers(photos)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith pierce

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
i was going through a friends hives today when we came across a nuc that was queenless. It had hot been inspected in a while as it was weak and he was letting it build up over the summer. They had gone queenless and had progressed into laying workers. One cell had the classic 2 eggs in it , and they had drawn down several, lookalike queen cells out of drone larve.
One queen cell had two drone larve in it but i had it broken down and flicked out with the hive tool before i released that i had the camera in the van.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Once again, excellent pictures Keith. Love the level of detail, keep them coming.

Did you see my post re. Dublin mountain heather? Info from a beek I know who has put a few hives there for years.

Full month of August and back in time for ivy and winter feed/varroa treatment etc. Only use strong colonies. If you're planning early August holidays, then the last few days of July will be fine.

Regards.

i moved them last year to the ling on the 4th of august and i was about a week too late

Latest posts

Back