Lack of forage

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it's not Russian vine... It's a weed with a green stem that is easy to pull up. It's around in the hedge have killed it off easy with spray before but leaving it for bees while in flower. They are getting loads of pollen from it so all good. When flowered it's coming up.

No it's not Russian vine... It's a weed with a green stem that is easy to pull up. It's around in the hedge have killed it off easy with spray before but leaving it for bees while in flower. They are getting loads of pollen from it so all good. When flowered it's coming up.

Convolvulous? Sometimes called Bindweed.

It will be wild hop I think. Bees love it
Humulus lupulus
E

Last edited:
We had it in a hedgerow. The bees go mad for it but it is difficult to actually plant. It grows where it wants. Nice scent.
E

Last edited:
It’s slowed down both around my urban apiary and the country one. I’m hoping that the hub and the privet will buck them up.

I decided to stop worrying about the crop this year. They've drawn bucket loads of comb and I ended up increasing my hive numbers. So I'm set up for next year hopefully. Maybe the cooler temps will help a bit too.

The weather is not affecting anything where my bees are infact i am getting a bit sick of one colony through the nectar flow, the hive in question has five supers on it four are full with one still empty but they have totally filled the top brood box with honey and carrying on filling with the bottom brood box, i am not sure if the virgin has been mated yet because she has nowhere to lay.. bring on the rain to slow things down a little.

Same down here. I can't keep up. Only been at this for three years, but its a bumper crop for me. Fed up cleaning the extractor.

Found a Honey Bee inspecting dead and dried up Fox Glove flowers followed by grass flowers earlier today. Is any one now feeding their bees in the West Midlands?

Found a Honey Bee inspecting dead and dried up Fox Glove flowers followed by grass flowers earlier today. Is any one now feeding their bees in the West Midlands?

Not yet here on the clee I've put a super back on after extraction.after three days the combs are glistening with nectar . This is maddness , this is my first year so I can't compare to others .but this has got to be a good year.

Back