Kieler Mini Nuc top bar size

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
50+
Hi
Me being a cheap skate and having a router that I can use to make them, does anyone have the dimensions for the top bars for a Keiler mini Nuc please?
Thanks
S

Off the top of my head, 170mm length and make them the same width as ordinary National Top bars.
My kieler top bars are actually old National Top bars that have been cut to length. By re-cycling old top bars in this way you can use the wedge to hold a starter strip of foundation wax in place rather than faff around trying to glue a starter strip in place with molten wax.

Run a slot along them.

I must be missing something though. If a person is asking for dimensions for fittings then that suggests strongly they have the item to hand. If it is to hand then why not measure? As I say I must be missing something critical here.

PH

Run a slot along them.

I must be missing something though. If a person is asking for dimensions for fittings then that suggests strongly they have the item to hand. If it is to hand then why not measure? As I say I must be missing something critical here.

PH
You are right Poly, I should have said the Nuc's are on the way and I was getting top bars ready.
Thanks for replies which has given me all the info I need and used old frames which worked a treat.
Thanks again
S

Latest posts

Back