Just for some fun.... an excuse to smile.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was slang for a prick?

It's entirely possible that I've been mistaken on this, much like my increasingly dashed fragile hope in the current leader of the country...

Google says you're right. The term was still phrophetic!

Last edited:
While You are at vacation in Croatia, You can buy some cheap doctoral degrees ( mostly Economy doctoral degree according to what we see in our many current examples) :smilielol5:

Oh, seems they finally disqualified it, but saga never ends.. It seems 2nd place in that competition for euro coin is also copy paste from " another".. What a mockery 💩

Is the guy who took the original picture and wants royalties going to pay the Marten which starred in his picture? :laughing-smiley-014

Bit too near the truth ! 5 at the last count ... I gave one away !

I have just the one lathe, but telescopes, now that's a different matter altogether (and it's *ahem* a few more than five). However, I have discovered that once you reach a sufficient number nobody can really be sure if another turns up. Except for the one that's in the workshop at the moment. Sometimes the "What, that old thing?!" dismissal just won't wash. Fortunately this one didn't cost me anything. At least, not before I started making repairs...

darkstar-01.jpg

James

[Engage pedant mode]

Cobblers, really :) Star lifetimes vary depending on size and composition but quite happily run into billions of years for the majority. Our own Sun (which is indeed a star regardless of those who believe otherwise) is about four billion years old and is expected to run out of hydrogen to fuse into helium in around five billion years time, though it won't cease to be a star even then. Over the following billion years or so it will evolve into a white dwarf star.

So a few million years either way is neither here nor there.

If you were to wish upon a supernova, which might only last a matter of days then certainly it would be over before we even saw the light from it, but even then it could well still exist as a neutron star.

So as it happens, astronomy actually has something completely different to say about the matter :D

[pedant mode off]

James

Latest posts

Back