Just been given a Tube Varroa floor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ps. my internals are 420x420, .... don't know about yours ??

Last edited:
Hmmm, it was the floor I was thinking of, but I've just measured a BB which is 422x372mm internally, but that's a home made one.

However, you're right as usual Fris ... :gnorsi: Mus Metro's boxes do seem to be National .....

But that's what I said all along, he just couldn't count properly :)

However, you're right as usual Fris ...

surprised-023.gif

Fris...........

JCBrum said:
Heres a pic of their National floor, which contains only 10 tubes, so one should use 10 frames also, spaced one directly above each tube. Hmmm.

So, ..... Mus Metro .... count your tubes carefully and tell us how many there are !

Muswell Metro said:
ok....sorry, TEN, should not beleive all you read

420x420 is the internal measurement of a standard Nat floor, not BB, come on keep up ;)

I thought he was talking about OD, which is a reasonable assumption, who measures hive boxes by ID (weird !) ...... the 18 1/4 was a minor error induced by tiredness and emotion ;)

Sigh ... Sigh ..... :)

You're taking a long time thinking up this one ?

I thought he was talking about OD, which is a reasonable assumption, who measures hive boxes by ID (weird !) ......

Sigh ... Sigh ..... :)

I would've thought.............(but realise that I'm a mere female and therefore don't have the same logic that great engineers have) that the internal dimensions were more important than the external ones...........

sigh.....sigh.....sigh.....

Frisbee

Hooray, ... at last ...... ( I'm all out of sighs / size :) )

Whilst females usually keep internal dimensions under their hat ( small sighs )

External dimensions are always of importance to males, be they great, or even engineers as well. :)

It's a man thing ...........

(well so I'm told ;) )

Don't be too hard on him Fris,he's just getting his internals mixed up with his externals.
Taking a long time to reply JC.......you dozed off again.

Last edited:
Ha Ha, that " last man on earth " which women talk about you mean .......

.... when they use the expression ......... 'even if you were the last ........'

( I think I'd better shutup while I'm still ahead ) :)

Latest posts

Back