Inspection routine

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Place QE diagonally across top of box (minimal contact, especially if 'framed' QE) - rotate into place slowly. Pushes bees out of the way.

Finally, I am back to using well-known bee-equipment supplier's shredded packing, lightly stuffed into an empty cardboard loo-roll with some dried garden herbs to make a smoker "cartridge". Convenient, long-lasting and fragrant!

That sounds good, thanks for the tip. Which herbs are good (bee pacifying - don't know if i have any containing THC at the moment...) and which might have the opposite effect?

That sounds good, thanks for the tip. Which herbs are good (bee pacifying - don't know if i have any containing THC at the moment...) and which might have the opposite effect?

Heard good reports of lavender and bay though my lot seem impervious to their charms

I use mostly sage and bay. Have used lavender, would use again. Tried old pot-pourri earlier this year, but the bees did not seem to enjoy it.

A bit of bark for long-burn, a sprig of herbs in a shredded loo-roll, take care to light at bottom, holding over open smoker - and you're away !

Latest posts

Back