in the vein of "put my mind at rest

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chycarne

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
7 hives
had a day off today (honest one) to do a full set of hive inspections as at the weekend we were doing stuff for chickens chicks and the garden... and in a hive where we had a lovely couple of Queen cells, torn down about three weeks ago (+/-2 days) the bees are still twitchy (and so am-- i annoyed with the forcast - you may be unlucky enough to get a shower, nearly hasnt stopped raining yet - thanks bbc) anyway we had put in a test frame as there hadnt been any eggs so we thought ok test and check... looking now at the bottom of the frame (test frame) is 1 potential Q cell (or darn odd drone cell as it is amongst drone cells) and on the opposite frame and on the opposite side to the frame a couple of supercedure queen cells... oh and still no eggs any ideas? i have come in for a cup of tea, and a think or three... hmmmm...

i would have thought that no matter what else they are trying to bring on a queen. Why not leave them to it?

if they are trying for supercedure then the queen in there has failed and you want them to have a new queen so leave alone.

or they havent got a queen and are trying to make a new one so leave alone or pick the best cell and rub out the other two?

the only issue comes from if you think they are trying to swarm.

well thats my two pennys any way.......

yep chycarne I agreed with the above. You appear to have two queen cells or three. Pick the best, squish or use other two in apideas and wait.

Thank you both, it is what we decided to do last night... just really stange, but then bees do that...(strange things)

Latest posts

Back