Imminent swarm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redecorating the hive may delay unwanted reactions.

Yes, already done that. We now have propolis everywhere but she doesn't like the colour.

I think things will come to a head tomorrow when the new hive and equipment arrives. It's possible that she may be found hanging in a tree when I get home! :)

Trying the swanky new poly hive and some brand new foundation idea first?

Sounds like a shook swarm to me - tricky initiall,y but worth it for managing disease!

This is the first time that ive burst out laughing reading a thread on this forum. Quality stuff.

I have no doubt that on arrival back at the hive tonight, I am going to hear Queenie piping that another unnecessary parcel of beekeeping equipment had arrived. Think I might pre-empt the situation by buying her some new pheromone today (as she has recently mentioned that she is getting low) and hope that that does the trick.

If that doesn't improve things, I suspect she might be suffering from some infestation in which case I might slip a MAQS strip down her knickers and see what drops!

Decided to hold off on the varroa treatment as when I arrived home, the parcel from Th**nes was on the rear patio, the delivery note on the kitchen worktop and not a mention of anything from Queenie. I might just have got away with it!

and not a mention of anything from Queenie.

so she'd swarmed then?

How many of the kids did she take with her?

Latest posts

Back