Ideas?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, for starters the diversity of forage available in your local area, and depending on where you are possibly an indication of foraging range - if there's oilseed rape 3km away and you see them coming in with that pollen, then you can demonstrate that they're travelling at least that far. Or if you know certain flowers are in bloom but you don't have that pollen coming in, it could indicate that the bees aren't foraging those plants, which leads to the question of why not?

A pollen trap on the hive might help & be easier than constant observation.

Alright that sounds like a very good idea! Im going to get started on my project as soon as possible

i was wondering i live in the usa and i cannot find a book anywhere that has pollen color charts i only found books in the uk

To me you sounds like 2 hive professional.

Everybody push his boundaries where he/seh wants. Are we independent adults?

Best boudary here is that only lack of money forces to extract honey= poor. "Catch and releese beekeeping".

Like that guy in USA. He says himself "scientific beekeeper". I have not noticed that if he had made any scientific research but he just write wide and long. And what he writes had bee carefully published by different universities.

Finman

This is a youngster trying to do something individual and seeking help. This should be encouraged and nurtured!! It is a rare thing to find these days.

Yes of course it is not going to be top class scientific research but that is not the point. To be destructive is easy and does you no credit.

You need to be less arrogant and condensending and use your knowledge and experience to inform and encourage.

Finman

This is a youngster trying to do something individual and seeking help. This should be encouraged and nurtured!! It is a rare thing to find these days.

Yes of course it is not going to be top class scientific research but that is not the point. To be destructive is easy and does you no credit.

You need to be less arrogant and condensending and use your knowledge and experience to inform and encourage.

:iagree:

Latest posts

Back