i think ive just crossed the line..

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20+
about an two hours ago i found a lone still bee outside my house,since then i have brought it into the warm and have it in a container with fondant and damp paper,its really lively now,whats the chances if i let it go tomorrow when its warm it will fly home,it isnt one of minds because my hives are about 6 miles away,i will be up moving a hive tomorrow,ifi just through it in with my own would it be okay?....i know that i cant help every bee but every little helps am sure...shes all hairy so it must be a young bee with her whole life ahead of her....;O)
Darren

about an two hours ago i found a lone still bee outside my house,since then i have brought it into the warm and have it in a container with fondant and damp paper,its really lively now,whats the chances if i let it go tomorrow when its warm it will fly home,it isnt one of minds because my hives are about 6 miles away,i will be up moving a hive tomorrow,ifi just through it in with my own would it be okay?....i know that i cant help every bee but every little helps am sure...shes all hairy so it must be a young bee with her whole life ahead of her....;O)
Darren
Could still be one of yours. You could have transported it home on your gear , I've done this on several occasions even though I thought I'd checked.

John Wilkinson

my bee suit has been in my car and i havent been near the hives today,i have seen a few about lately so there must be one close enough,if it lives through the nite,would it know to fly home tomorrow???

I know exactly what you mean about 'crossing the line'.....when the weather gets a bit warmer I spend hours retrieving bees from water butts and putting them on little squares of tissue in the greenhouse to dry out. I check hourly and as soon as they're fully dried out I wheel their beds outside so they can take-off back to their squadron.....

....ooops!

You could have transported it home on your gear
I transported one indoors yesterday. If I remember I have a look in the hall mirror to see if there are any on me and I heard this muffled buzzing.......inside my top.... but where? carefully lifted top away from body and it crawled out onto my belt........... arhhhhhh stop right there....

since my last post i have been visiting my gran in the old peoples home...before i went i left the bee in a container with some fondant on a radiator,i came home to find her face down dead in a puddle of melted fondant!....i really dont know weather to laugh or cry at myself folks....al last she didnt die on an empty stomach!!;o|

Latest posts

Back