I need urgent HELP. Before they will swarm...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badguy_goodguy

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello,

I am from Romania, and I am using the american vertical style HIVE, with 10 frames (actually only 9, because it's very hard to isnert the 10th).
The hive boxes/suppers are all 1/1.

The problem is this: 1 frame it's bee pollen, and 1 frame it's a feder, so it's remaning nly 7 frames for the queen to lay eggs. Right now, all those 7 frames are with capped brood (and also around 2 pounds of capped honey), and the bees just started to emerge from cells. (Yeah i gave them to much sugar and F40)

My problem: How can I manage the bee HIVE from now on? What should I do ? I only have 7 frames for the queen to lay eggs, and in 30 days my bees have to collect nectar from acacia, and honestly to be i want as many bees as possible and not to collect "swarms" from trees.

Thanks
PS: they already begun to build wax and to make drones... like 50-60 / each frame!!!

Ok, and I just add a new box with frames, and the queen will go there and lay eggs or what!?

or should i also put the capped brood in the supper and add new frames for the queen to lay eggs?

in 30 days my bees have to collect nectar from acacia, and honestly to be i want as many bees as possible and not to collect "swarms" from trees.

You are out of luck regards extra bees for the acacia in thirty days - it will be around forty days until any new eggs develop into foraging bees (I have no idea of how long the 'acacia blooming season' might be).

Extra brood space is one important aspect of bee management; you could either just add more brood space or (probably better still) demaree to avoid early swarming.

I have like 300 hectars of acacia near me. Small or bigger trees.
They usually bloom in 10-15 of May
The problem is now with these ... very hot days, i expect it to blood around 9-10 May for sure. Also the winter was a little bite to long...
Acacia usually last for 2 weeks in my zone.

My advice, don't start messing frames around just add new bb and let them get on with it. Acacia honey this year, unlikely as they will still be building brood by then, when they are well into bb add QE and super. At moment she just needs room
E

Put it on top of the one that is already there
QE equals queen excluder
HM equals her majesty. (queen)
Do you have any help?

Ok, and I just add a new box with frames, and the queen will go there and lay eggs or what!?

or should i also put the capped brood in the supper and add new frames for the queen to lay eggs?

First, remove the feeder and add another frame. The crowding might not be as bas as you think- now that bees are emerging, their cells will be available for the queen to lay in again.

If you think they do need more space, add another brood box with frames of foundation. As the nights are still fairly cool I would suggest adding it underneath the first- others may disagree. If they're short of space, the bees will draw this out so that the queen can lay in it.

Have they got any flowers at all to forage from at the moment? If not, then you may need to keep feeding.

When the acacia starts,. be ready to add supers as required.

Ok... i called somebody he told me the acacia it's lasting 2 weeks, and the bees actually collect much more in the second week, so i could still be on time.
By the way, here we have "white acacia" (lot of it), not yellow acacia.

Also i heard that in the case of acacia, or others massive flowers, bees are going after "meal" before they reach their 40 days old.

They currently have food from tree flowers. Cherry trees just bloomed, others will bloom in 1 week maybe.

Also i think i think I should add a pollen collector because, soon after the bee emerge i see most of the cells filled with pollen ...

Last edited:
Skyhook, he is Romania so I am not sure about cool nights!! Never been there.

Trying to be helpful,
Google for local beekeeping associations/groups/beekeepers and get some local support for you as you go through Summer,

All the best,
Sam

They need that pollen if there is so much brood. I would not take it away from them unless you are absolutely certain and have someone mentoring you on that. If you add a second bb you will have room for whatever they bring home.

Back