how to wash hood and vest?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prana vallabha

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5 national hives , 1 nuc
i have a sherriff bee farmer hood and vest type veil , i wondered what is the best way to wash ....

many thanks in advance

I take the hood off and zip it up inside the suit - wash in the washing machine at 40 degrees but with no spin. When the cylce has finished take the hood out to drip dry then spin the suit. I use Persil non bio liquid

sorry i was not lear enough the one i got i the one with the ventilated vest and the hood just unzipps and throw behind head , it is all in one hood not detachable .

you can probably still protect it by turning the whole thing inside out, but I don't think it's all that important if you don't spin it and drip dry the whole thing - won't take long to dry anyway

i have a sherriff bee farmer hood and vest type veil , i wondered what is the best way to wash ....

many thanks in advance

I am not familiar with that item but if the hood won't go through the washing machine door (like mine) I would wash it by hand in a bathtub using soda and dad washing powder then rinse well with clean water.

Back