How to spot a french beekeeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used to use the Swienty magnetic holder, until late May when one fell off & I ran over the smoker, luckily I always have a couple of spare dadent on the shelf.
I was bloody annoyed as yet again an expensive piece of kit is in reality, crap.

Just to tempt fate: I still have the hive tool I bought when I started beekeeping around 1988 (I do have a spare that I don't use just in case).

Just to tempt fate: I still have the hive tool I bought when I started beekeeping around 1988 (I do have a spare that I don't use just in case).
Crikey! I started in 1972 and have lost at least one per year. Think I'll join @blackcloud and pay by instalments.
I have a weekly subscription at the hive tool factory but smoker on plastic is a bad habit I never got into

I found a hive tool by stepping on it. The grass roots had grown around it. I think it had been in the ground for about 13 years. There's another one around somewhere.

IMG_20230528_105857730_HDR.jpg

All that remained of my very large plastic supply box in the apiary, after setting a "cool" smoker in the "damp" grass. The heat was so intense that jars of nails etc were melted. Got a phone call - " Is there any reason there should be smoke coming from down near the hives?" 😱

But then, lighters, cardboard and frames with new foundation would tend to burn quite well! Won't make that mistake again.

Latest posts

Back