How to make frames fit into a top bar hive?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and all Topbar wanted to know was how to fit a nuc into a top bar:eek::banghead:

Bros
I actually have sympathy with quite a lot of your views but - Sorry to say you don't half come across as a bit of a "broken record" at times.

I know you are probably really committed and you are trying as hard as you can to convince the world but.............

Well if it isn't important to have a sustainable planet then what else is? It can sound a bit loud and as though doomsday is being predicted but it takes a long time to make things right. We have to start to change soon because it is inevitable that this way of farming will claps and when it does, don't come crying and starving to me. Because i will be there with a big gun saying grow ya own!
Too much maybe........ or is it?

Yes but topbar someone will have a bigger gun and more of them and then we may just be right back where we left of

.....all the facts and figures of how much land is being used to grow food today which is pretty small when compared to say the Bronze age, where just about all available land was used for food production.

You jest, of couse. A quote like that is rediculous.

Please go and watch the film One Man One Cow one Planet then speak to some Bronze age and food/farming experts and ask them how many people and settlements existed in many places that are not possible today, due to the sub tropical paradice that it was back then, and officially how many people actually lived in the British Isles throughout.

To work these settlement takes 12 people starting very early before next season and working a whole year to compete with the machinery that can do the same in only one week, ploughing, seeding and harvest of a main crop.

Then work out were we richer in the Bronze age or richer today person for person, have we gone forwards or backwards and where we are today on the collapse of previous civilisations charts.

There is no doom and gloom only proveable facts to behold and some pretty good ones in the book by Jarred Diamond called " Collapse " as to what is ahead.

Also speak to a farmer called John Dodd and his Son-in-Law David Wise of how everything works manually here in the Uk, or watch their film, The last Horsemam on DVD instead of listening to the institution who is telling us many lies.

Back your feelings up with facts and then I will listen some more.

Good point but i would rather have a gun, than just be standing there pointing a carrot.

The liberal in me would want to sit in a circle and air our concerns and grievances one by one and then reach a mutual common ground that we can all work towards and share lol.

Please go and watch the film One Man One Cow one Planet then speak to some Bronze age and food/farming experts and ask them how many people and settlements existed in many places that are not possible today, due to the sub tropical paradice that it was back then, and officially how many people actually lived in the British Isles throughout.

To work these settlement takes 12 people starting very early before next season and working a whole year to compete with the machinery that can do the same in only one week, ploughing, seeding and harvest of a main crop.

Then work out were we richer in the Bronze age or richer today person for person, have we gone forwards or backwards and where we are today on the collapse of previous civilisations charts.

20,000 years ago - before the Bronze Age .. there were virtually no humans in the UK and where I write was covered in half a mile of glacial ice.

You can pick any time of your choosing and make invidious calculations.

Compared to then , life now is easy , longer and infinitely better.
Facts.

"Compared to then, life now is easy , longer and infinitely better" - but sadly we are now probably enjoying the pinnacle of "improvement", and unless we change our planet-wrecking ways we are "spending our kids' inheritance" to maintain our frankly profligate lifestyles - it's oft quoted, but we live in the UK as if we had 3 planets, which we don't..........
With our knowledge, and a change in attitudes it is not too late for us to all have a good life in such a way as to leave an inhabitable planet for those who come after us, but we do need to learn to look towards our needs rather than our greeds....

20,000 years ago - before the Bronze Age .. there were virtually no humans in the UK and where I write was covered in half a mile of glacial ice.

You can pick any time of your choosing and make invidious calculations.

Compared to then , life now is easy , longer and infinitely better.
Facts.

I was talking about the Bronze age c 3600bc at around the time of some of the greatest civilisations that built cities that we can only dream of making today.

Life is longer and better not really and definately not longer, a myth designed and taught in schools the world over, people lived just as long and longer before laws over others were invented, again history tells us this.

The recent population explosion is one of many such times in human history and is a mere blip on the time clock compared to the last 4000 years where greater things have been achieved.

Yes life as we know it good for at least a few percent of all humans, while others are still in the stone age, you use fancy words but know very little it seems.

On an expidition by British explorers in 1784 they came across aboriginal peoples in southern Austrailia who were longer in years and far healthier than the peoples of their day, they were still using stone tools that were inferior to those that had been used 4000 years previously in Europe.

You still have much to learn I think yet dissbelive what is being said by our seasoned historians, which school did you go to?

I could go on all year about what we used to be and are still not its eaqual today, remember this, that its all been done before but will never be equalled as far as being human goes.

Technology is quickly destroying what the last 20,000 years has brought forward, Many will tell you that technology does not breed longevity, back to school young man.

Only modern history clouds our true visions of how good life could really be if this system was working properly.

Latest posts

Back