How to Avoid Paying Compensation.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Norwich City Council.

Water pipe in a council flat came apart at joint.
Water went through to the privately owned flat below.
Council worker repaired joint and said it was a wonder it had stayed together anyway. Owner of flat underneath put claim in to council for damage.

Council now say they're not paying...because "The pipe didnt leak before"

Norwich City Council.

Council worker repaired joint and said it was a wonder it had stayed together anyway. Owner of flat underneath put claim in to council for damage.

Assuming the "private" have building and contents insurance put claim in and insurance will claim back from council.
Just got local housing association to replace a conservatory roof one of their contractors damaged for one of my clients. Just a few emails and phone call or two.

Norwich City Council.

The pipe didn't leak before

Before what?

James

Reminds me of a day before the advent of GPS when "lost" in the hills near to Baltimore, I asked a local for directions, and he pushed his cap back, wiped his brow and said " Now I wouldn't start from here!"

James

Latest posts

Back