how much sugar per hive per year?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compared with your 2 years experience I know nothing about beekeeping after miserable 50 years.
Sense or not. ...You know where you live. As a beginner you should reviele out, when is the last timing to prepare hives for winter. How heck I know that? A professional has very different timing, if he has 1000 hives to prepare.

Last edited:
Compared with your 2 years experience I know nothing about beekeeping after miserable 50 years.
Sense or not. ...You know where you live. As a beginner you should reviele out, when is the last timing to prepare hives for winter. How heck I know that? A professional has very different timing, if he has 1000 hives to prepare.

Finnie ... I don't need your sarcastic comments ... All I was saying to you is if you are going to post then for goodness sake make clear what you are saying ... your post was unintelligble and this one is not much better.

If I remove all the honey in late July early August then I tend to feed between 10-15 kg DW of sugar per colony. If I don't remove as much honey then I can use less or no sugar.
Adrian

If I remove all the honey in late July early August then I tend to feed between 10-15 kg DW of sugar per colony. If I don't remove as much honey then I can use less or no sugar.
Adrian

This is ok but for people that are looking to make a living then sugar at 60p per kilo is much cheaper than honey so it makes economic sense to remove as much honey as possible and feed sugar syrup, as I do.

Back