How much for a swarm?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way too high for unproven bees. I too started my hobby by being helped out with a swarm and have repaid the favour -do unto others..... Paying that price will send the wrong message to whoever is charging. I would find a better source.

a BALE OF HAY!
but if they were of the Abbey variety I would not even give up the price of a packet of Swan Vestas!

James

Fizzy mead should be laid down and avoided HIC.... and I have 40 screaming 6 year olds tomorrow... OH Joy!!!

a BALE OF HAY!
but if they were of the Abbey variety I would not even give up the price of a packet of Swan Vestas!

James

Fizzy mead should be laid down and avoided HIC.... and I have 40 screaming 6 year olds tomorrow... OH Joy!!!

Children should be seen and not heard, Gag them

Inspected Nuc's for sale in Kent

I wasn't there but I hear that none of the nuc's at the Yalding bee fair sold yesterday. If the rumour is true I feel sure that you will get one now for much less than £140. All would have been inspected and verified healthy before being entered.
PM me for details of one of the sellers.
Jack

"Load of hay" - the rhyme was there long before bales of hay were invented.

One must move with the times!
Lest we would all be keeping bees in mud covered skeps ( although this it seems has been reinvented by the Swiss Miss, with the added pergola!)

Gagging children, OH my I would be in trouble with the Authorities, did not we all get an email about the teacher who "sellotaped" up the little mouths of the naughty ones for talking in class?

James

I charge for being called out to collect swarms but pass them on for free. I think if I'd housed it on frames, given it a feed and varroa treatment, then I'd charge something commensurate with the materials and effort, not £140 though :eek:

:iagree:

pass on any expenses you have incurred fair enough, but to charge that kind of price!!!

Paying that price will send the wrong message to whoever is charging. I would find a better source.

And a better BKA methinks - sound like an unscrupulous money grabbing lot. but then again - London!

Back