How are queen markets in UK now

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finman

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
How easy is it to get a new queen if you want a such one?

How many days or weeks it takes?

How easy is it to get a new queen if you want a such one?

How many days or weeks it takes?

I bought my first ever queen this season. Ordered her on Friday to be dispatched the following week (27th May), she arrived the following as advised Thursday (with a bank holiday Monday) in between.
Checked her for the first time today and all is well. Laying like a trooper.
Cazza

Ordered on tuesday asked for friday delivery and all was fine Queens have been accepted will check in a week or so for laying.

Supplier belongs to this Forum.

Colin

Are they British reared queens? If so ( and if they are any good of course) would like some.

That's the queen bee supply taped up....

But what if you want a nuc to start up again, due to the disastrous long winter where sadly many have lost ALL their colonies?

Think nucs are very short on supply as you say, we have several members in my BKA without bees and are offering out swarms as caught for £10 donation . just to get ppl back in the saddle.

Bees4U has some. Ordered yesterday and delivered overnight.

Seems to infer that the queens up for grabs at the moment have been imported (in bulk)

:sorry:

Yes perhaps so but I would expect that the UK breeders will have people waiting for queens and the early batches would be spoken for hence the waiting time.

Not until later in the season there will be a steady flow of available UK queens.

Last edited:
In my country the is a two months line to breeders. In August it is possible to get Finnish breeders for sudden need.

Queens

I have bought one or two and they have arrived quickly and are laying well.

Latest posts

Back