hornet attacking bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure this video that's linked in the other thread shows you how to make one. there are some downloadable plans

I'm sure this video that's linked in the other thread shows you how to make one. there are some downloadable plans
which just shows you what a pointless waste of money patenting (twice apparently) your product is

I've asked on the hornet page because it would be good to be able to exclude our hornet yet still trap AH
Maybe Karen would know....I'll ask there
Could you ask her where queen wasps fall in the size scale, I'd imagine that they're pretty much on a par with Asian hornet workers but would be good to know for sure.

What a brilliant idea. There are a few members here who 3D print. They should set up shop for us.

I have been busy 3d-printing connectors for my brassica netting over the last few weeks. I want something that's easy to take apart and store and decided I couldn't justify the cost of the ones that are available online given that I want to cover at least thirty metres of bed, so I've been doing them myself. Took a few attempts to get a design I was completely happy with, but it seems to work so far.

The trap entrance seems like an obvious thing to print though. I might have to try a similar idea for making a trap-out for next year.

James

What a brilliant idea. There are a few members here who 3D print. They should set up shop for us.
I’m not into 3D printing so I have been musing on using QX mesh and Canadian cones. When I get back from a few days away in Suffolk I’ll have a play.

I’m not into 3D printing so I have been musing on using QX mesh and Canadian cones. When I get back from a few days away in Suffolk I’ll have a play.
The thing to bear in mind is that Velutina holds its wings at 45°ish to its body so won't readily enter spherical entrance flutes. Slatted entrances sized to the width of the wings will encourage entry. It's one of the easiest ways to ID velutina.

Latest posts

Back