Honeycomb Roller or Rolling Pin

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Friar Tuck

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am having a bee themed wedding in August, and to save some cost i plan to make my own cake. :party-smiley-039: I need a honeycomb roller or rolling pin. or some sort of foundation roller. Dose anyone know of anything that would bee suitable. I have looked on cake making sites for textured rolling pins and also for foundation rollers etc. thought this mite be a good place to ask. i have attached a picture of the kind of things i am after.

Thanks In Advance

2 ideas -

1. if you don't care whether the pattern is "positive" or "negative"- buy a plastic frame (someone may have a slightly warped one to hand) and use that to make the imprint.

2. buy some coloured foundation for candles from a well known highly rated wax supplier and use it as a (non edible) edging.

Thats been done with an "Icing mat" you can get brickwork,bark ect.
You roll the icing with a rolling pin across the textured mat that has a male mould pattern.
A cake making supplier should have one for you.

Thanks all as i said i found umpteen brick and basket icing mats/roller but no honeycomb or hex. But i will have another look using icing matt as keyword. I'm going to give honey and candles as favours etc. Il post some pics in August .

again thanks all

I was aksed for a cake similar to this a number of years ago - before texture mats were known. We made a mould/plunger...and I spent hours individually marking them around a 5 tier cake - what we do for money...:sifone:

just seen this - do what I did for "honeycomb" icing once: use a clean sheet of foundation as an icing mat (or just press it onto the icing) - works a treat, and you can still use the foundation afterwards if you give it a rinse!

Afraid not - when we sold the bakery, I had to leave the album aspart of the deal...and didn't keep copies :(

Back