Honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumber rob

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hello everyone
this has probably been asked before so appologies in advance
what are people charging for a half pound jar full off honey inc label seal etc

best regards Rob

Hello everyone

best regards Rob

at the house door £5 per lb, £3 per 1/2lb
fetes and events £6 and £3.5

but 12oz sells better

but we are in london, prices are higher and its a sellers market so at the local farmers markets i can sell it at £7 per lb but they have high stall costs so I don't bother as i need high turn over to cover the stall cost

ten miles further other beekeepers sell for £2.75 per half pound £4.50 per lb in local farm shop

Last edited:
Thank you wasn't too sure, didn'nt want to under value the top quality product that my bees work so hard for.
Regards Rob

Thank you wasn't too sure, didn'nt want to under value the top quality product that my bees work so hard for.
Regards Rob

Thats the way to think, Your bees worked and died for the honey you have, Dont under price their sacrifice

Hello everyone

best regards Rob
Visited Country Store near Redditch today. 227gram (half pound) of Wye Valley honey on sale at £4.49 and seemed to be going fast.

Visited Country Store near Redditch today. 227gram (half pound) of Wye Valley honey on sale at £4.49 and seemed to be going fast.

That's the same price as he's selling here the funiest thing is that there's only one shop that you can find it from about 25mins from where the bloke's apairy is!

Well that's actually Countrywide adding a hefty margin. Wye Valley will be getting around £2 for self same jars once you also take off cost of distribution service (HEFF) and extra packaging.

Back