Honey stores after Apivar varroa treatment.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all
I did my first inspection of the season yesterday and found one hive with several frames full of stores.
I treated with Apivar in autumn and wondering if I add a super on will the honey be safe for consumption if the bees move the honey up into the super?

Thanks

This depends on, did you autumn feed after the removal of the strips, or could it be ivy and himalayan balsam stores after removal of the strips? It could be a case of spring nectar going in. How many frames of brood are there before you add a super?

This depends on, did you autumn feed after the removal of the strips, or could it be ivy and himalayan balsam stores after removal of the strips? It could be a case of spring nectar going in. How many frames of brood are there before you add a super?
I can't remember when I fed. Could have been whilst they were in.
It could possibly be ivy.
There was 3 frames of brood.

Just going back over your history, last year was your first season of beekeeping, which was quite dramatic with queen cells. Add a super when there are 8 frames of brood and I hope this year will be less of a drama.

Latest posts

Back