Honey £16 per lb

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The law, regulations etc on labels is fair enough, we understand that, and if we ever get to the dizzy heights of selling COMMERCIALLY, then we will abide by these regulations!

I understand the rest of what you said, I thought the original labels were yours, but anyhow the regulations do not only apply to selling honey "commercially" - if you sell honey, the regulations apply to you. Even if you donate a jar to a charity tombola, the labelling regulations apply.

Just FYI

bee-smillie Much obliged for that information, we shall use it accordingly.

Yet it is possible to find honey for sale with little more info than "Honey" on a craft type label. No weight, no country of origin, no best before.
Go figure.

Yet it is possible to find honey for sale with little more info than "Honey" on a craft type label. No weight, no country of origin, no best before.
Go figure.

It is also possible to see people going down the motorway at 100mph, and to see people murdering old ladies, so not sure what your point is?

Oh? LOL
Try another sensible analogy maybe?
I don't know where it is you go to see old ladies being murdered ;)

Last edited:
I don't know where it is you go to see old ladies being murdered

Same place as where the green aardvarks egg come from?

Last edited:
It is also possible to see people going down the motorway at 100mph, and to see people murdering old ladies, so not sure what your point is?

well the fine is bigger for selling incorrectly labeled honey

Does it need to be labeled ,well there are circumstances then not,

direct sales from the garden gate to the buyer all you need is a sign saying Honey, Weight of product and price and you still risk trading standard jobs worth getting OTT as theexemption is not well know or desribed in the regs but other sales are going to fall foul of the labeling laws

i recently bought 100 labels from a beekeeping supplier that were illegal under the regualtion as they said 340 gms not 340 g, i only use them on over the gate sales

otherwise it is lot number on security tab and proper printed labelsip,

went to my local tesco last night top shelf honey section rowes set english april honey so that will be OSR i take it £6.18 for 250g idont feel so bad asking £4.50 per lbs for mine!

went to my local tesco last night top shelf honey section rowes set english april honey so that will be OSR i take it £6.18 for 250g idont feel so bad asking £4.50 per lbs for mine!

My sales have stalled at £3.75 454G
VM

Budgens in Crouch End London N8 are selling local Honey at £12 per lb Jar

Think the local BKA have pushed their prices up to £10 a lb jar

and i feel embarrassed selling mine ( 3 miles to the north) at £4.50 for 12 oz or £6 lb....guess who almost sold out :party:

Budgens in Crouch End London N8 are selling local Honey at £12 per lb Jar

Think the local BKA have pushed their prices up to £10 a lb jar

and i feel embarrassed selling mine ( 3 miles to the north) at £4.50 for 12 oz or £6 lb....guess who almost sold out :party:

Too much disposable income South of the Watford Gap ? :sifone:
VM

Latest posts

Back