hive missing

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigavonb

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Checked my bees in my out apiary yesterday. I had a spare hive well hidden from view in the orchard where I keep my bees. Well trodden grass and nettles was a giveaway sign but no hive. What must have happened the persons snooping must have seen a swarm on the move followed it and found my and helped themselves

Looters, looks like a simple case of "I CAN SEE IT I WILL TAKE IT"

Thieving fagabonds.

Just picked up on this thread..... commiserations on the loss.

A beekeeper of my acquaintance had a colony disappear out of an orchard near the Birches a while back. His hive and super colours are contrasting and quite distinctive so he could easily have identified them. He reported the theft to the police and since it was an unusual crime for the area, the Portadown Times picked up on it. Shortly after that the hive made its own way back to his orchard and it had even managed to find itself a whole new super.
The colour of that "new" super gave a good suggestion as to where the colony had been vacationing.....
It might be profitable to get a story run on the theft.

Just picked up on this thread..... commiserations on the loss.

A beekeeper of my acquaintance had a colony disappear out of an orchard near the Birches a while back. His hive and super colours are contrasting and quite distinctive so he could easily have identified them. He reported the theft to the police and since it was an unusual crime for the area, the Portadown Times picked up on it. Shortly after that the hive made its own way back to his orchard and it had even managed to find itself a whole new super.
The colour of that "new" super gave a good suggestion as to where the colony had been vacationing.....
It might be profitable to get a story run on the theft.

this would be well worth a try teemore and what honest and decent thiefs you up there about Portadown:)

Checked my bees in my out apiary yesterday. I had a spare hive well hidden from view in the orchard where I keep my bees. Well trodden grass and nettles was a giveaway sign but no hive. What must have happened the persons snooping must have seen a swarm on the move followed it and found my and helped themselves

Better move those bees before they help themselves to those as well.

Adam

Latest posts

Back