• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hive for sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itchyhives

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
1 Nat and 1 Nuc
Ok due to increase this year I have more hives than I really want or need.

Up for grabs is a 14 x 12 National Hive complete with bees. The brood box itself is less than a year old, solid floor, crown board and old roof. In regards to the bees they are an AS from earlier this year, not sure as to temperament the queen mum is lovely but the Queen is open mated. I have another hive close by which is not so pleasant but is by far my best honey producers so will have to see how you get on with these. They seemed fine when I checked today, a bit flighty but wasn't the warmest to be opening them up.

There are currently 6 frames with brood and they are now expanding rapidly, I had put a super on 12 days ago while I was away on holiday in case they needed more room and they have filled and capped this when I checked today. Super is not included.

Bees where checked over by Local Bee Inspector Julian Routh about 3 weeks ago. Combs are all last years and this years. Queen is not at the moment marked or clipped.

I was looking for £210 for the 14 x 12, and I will probably have a nuc and another hive to offer in the next few weeks if anyone is interested.

I also have about 5 extra 14 x 12 frames made up with foundation which I am including in this.

If I've missed anything please ask, of course I will also make sure I support the forum…..bees are in Rugby.

Will accept offers if anyone is interested.

Anyone who is interested is welcome to come and inspect first of course. Can even help with delivery if needed.

Latest posts

Back